The E M P T I E S 008
I'm probably just as shocked as you are that we're here again with another empties post. I've been mentioning on the blog a lot lately that I've been trying to use up more products and clear out products I don't use. I'm bringing you a mix, although most of these are ones I've used up.
Let's break it down into three categories:
M A K E U P
- Kat Von D Trooper Liner | This is my second tube of this stuff and I am a tad disappointed in the stuff. Mine dried out after a few short months and without daily use. I've gone back to my Stila counterpart ($10 off for bday at Ulta) in the meantime - hopefully I just got a dud.
- Maybelline Soft & Full Mascara | I actually came across this mascara as a recommendation by Kelsey and it's become one of my favorites! It gives you that fluttery lash effect without clumping. It's perfect for those no-makeup makeup days.
M I S C. S K I N C A R E
- Asian Cotton Pads: My mom didn't get along with these so she gave them to me. They were thin, I used two and used them to remove my eye makeup everyday. Wouldn't repurchase.
- Burt's Bee's Makeup Wipes: I buy a small pack prior to any trip just in case I need some quick way to take my face off. These were good and didn't irritate my skin, I'd repurchase.
S K I N C A R E
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil | I've been a big fan of tea tree oil as of late as it's gentle yet effective. I finally made my way through my first bottle and am already working through a second. Definite repurchase.
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream | This was unscented and did a great job of moisturizing without leaving your skin greasy. There's so many other hand creams to try, but one day I may circle back to this.
- Pixi Glow Tonic | This is my second mini bottle of this stuff and I'm in love. I've since purchased the full size and am rotating this into my skincare routine (read here). Definite repurchase.
- Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser | This stuff, so much good stuff to say. It's gentle, cleansing, and a staple in my routine. I'm trying to get through my other cleansers but I have a new bottle ready to go as soon as some others hit the end of their bottle life. See my comparison on this and the Oskia cleanser (here). Definite repurchase.
- Lancome Bi-Facil Eye Makeup Remover | My mom had a new bottle of this lying around and she didn't want it. So trying to help her clear things out I finished it up. I'm not a fan of it as I find it to be too oily. I find my eyelids to be a bit oilier which leads to eyeliner smudging around throughout the day. I also find my vision to be a tad blurred (which is not good), so I'm definitely staying away from here on out. Definitely not repurchasing.
- Lush Beautiful Shower Gel | This has a relatively strong fruity scent but nothing unbearable. There are hints of glitter in this so for those that have sensitive skin - beware. Maybe repurchase, but I'd want to try other scents first.
- Boscia Luminizing Black Mask | Hands down one of my favorite masks! I always pick one up when Sephora has them available as a deluxe sample. I have a backup ready to go once more products clear out on my shelf. I am a bit torn as this one isn't Cruelty Free and while I'm making an effort to transition towards it, this will be a hard one to let go of once the next bottle is done. However, I recently saw a DIY mask dupe with Elmer's Glue and a Charcoal Pill - I'll need to give this a try and keep you guys posted.
THE T O S S E S
Soap & Glory Hand Food | I had the travel size of this and purchased the full size as I loved it so much. I kept buying too many lotions and this one just got further and further back in my drawers. It's safe to say this one has gone bad so I'm giving it the toss.
Kate Somerville EradiKate | I found this one to be a bit too harsh for my skin and although it did a great job, I did find that my skin was scarring after the occasional zit popped up. Tea Tree Oil is a much gentler option and can be used both day and night. I used about 2/3 of this and decided to toss as it began to get clumpy.
THE M I S S E S
First Aid Beauty Purifying Mask | This is one of those peel-off masks with so much potential. Not sure if the one I got is a dud or if I'm just doing it wrong, but I've tried it many a few times and I just feel worse after using it. It pulls off in clumps and just leaves my skin feeling sticky. A swing and a miss for this one.
Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic | I picked up a Liz Earle set a few years back and wasn't too big a fan of this when I first got it - mostly due to the smell. I recently came across this in my bathroom stash and saw it was way past it's shelf life so this one got the toss. But as my skin and tastes have changed, I may need to give this one another go in the future.