The E m p t i e s // #1
Empties are probably one of my favorite things to read through and watch, it's probably one of the most satisfying things ever to finish that last drop or scrape the last product from a jar. I've always been one to jump to new products, I love trying new things and easily grow tired of things I already have. #firstworldproblems
I've been trying to enforce the one in, one out rule - especially in my bathroom. I share a bathroom with my brother and I feel so bad for him - he's so nice and he lets me have 2/3 of the tiered shelves in our shower, as well as one corner on the tub. Let's put it frankly, I have way too many products for one person. When people say that girls could list off 100 things in a bathroom, I definitely understand why. Here's a quick run through of all of the products I've used up and whether or not I'd buy them again. Friendly tip - it's gonna be a long one, so grab a drink and settle in.
The products I use up are almost always skincare related, occasionally I may use to death makeup products such as an eyeliner or a mascara, but those aren't all too interesting to read about in my opinion. 4 out of 6 of these are items I have repurchased time and time again, can you tell just how much I am creature of habit?
- Shiseido Sunscreen: This is my 2nd bottle that I've completely gone through, and I already went ahead and bought my 3rd. I am of Asian descent and I am biased to the Shiseido line, definitely following in my mom's footsteps here. I feel as though it works well with my skin tone and type, and gives good coverage while also being lightweight on my skin. The smell is light and doesn't linger on my skin, which is great. I've tried putting other brands on my hand, and either the smell was strong or it felt sticky. Any suggestions on new sunscreens are more than welcome!
- Bobbi Brown Eye Makeup Remover: This is probably my 3rd or 4th bottle. I. Love. This. Stuff. This stuff is gentle and my impression of it is similar to that of Bioderma, except it's a lot more gentle feeling and gives a much cleaner end result. This stuff will even get rid of my Stila stay all day liquid liner - impressive stuff.
- Bioderma: Overall impression? Eh. Definitely one of those hypes that I'm not on board with. Personally I can't sleep unless I've thoroughly washed my face or showered. So the idea of using this and this alone to remove my makeup horrifies me. Yes, it does an okay job of getting eye product and makeup off, but it also left a strange feeling layer on my skin that didn't exactly feel clean. I can see why some people would like to take this on a camping trip or a place where they wouldn't have running water. Additionally, finding this stuff in the U.S. is not an easy feat, my friend came across this in a small store that carried Asian beauty, and among them was Bioderma. This stuff cost $30+ and for that price tag, I'll definitely try a high end product. instead. Overall this product was just an eh for me and I don't see myself repurchasing anytime in the near future.
- Korres Wild Rose Face Cleanser: Mm this stuff smells divine. This is definitely an #essiebuttoneffect product - Estee was raving about this stuff and there was probably some Sephora sale that gave me the little push to buy it. I love that it's exfoliating but gentle, it didn't irritate my skin and I was rather fond of the subtle rose scent. I went through 2 bottles of this stuff but finally stopped to try some new products. I'm not against using this again and could probably see myself doing so. However, my local Sephora store stopped carrying Korres in stores, which means I pretty much have to order it online now.
- Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment w/ Avocado - Holy grail product? Yes, definitely. I am on my third tub of this stuff. Can you say addicted? I just can't get over it, I love this product so much. But I rave about this stuff all the time, and I can honestly say that you need this in your life. Plain and simple.
- Bobbi Brown Moisturizing Eye Cream: This stuff was just okay for me. As noted above, my love affair with Kiehl's is what kept me apart from this Bobbi Brown product. I felt that a little really went a long way with this product, and it got to the point where I refused to let myself repurchase the Kiehl's eye cream in order to finally finish up this product. I don't see myself re-purchasing this any time in the near future.
Have you tried any of these products before? If so, what were your impressions on them? Any recommendations similar to these? Would love to hear about them!