Two empties in one month? You betcha. I was 100% serious when I said I was focusing on using products up. Also, we're entering the double digits for Empties posts - which is actually really exciting for me as it's quite an accomplishment to power through so many products. On the plus side, my makeup and skincare stashes are looking pretty great. If you wanna peep at my skincare storage, read through my post HERE.
BODYCARE / SKINCARE
- Nivea Creme Sensitive Body Wash | This was a favorite for a while and I've probably gone through bottles of this. But after I started using the Korres and Soap & Glory body washes, this one moved to the bottom of my reach for list. I had a spare bottle in my cabinets so I powered through this one. Probably won't be repurchasing this one again.
- Korres Shower Gel - Jasmine | I love the smell of Jasmine and this is my second bottle that I've gone through. The smell isn't too strong but is enough to be soothing in the shower and for a few hours afterwards. I'm trying new things so I probably won't be repurchasing this one for a while.
- Soap & Glory Flake Away | I actually finished this a while ago but was storing a few minis in in this
- Lush Tea Tree Water | I got this one based off of Celina's recommendation and have really enjoyed using it. I have a post dedicated to it HERE. I was nearing the end and I wanted to finish this and get it out so I could work through my Pixi Glow Tonic. I actually miss this one a bit as a morning pick me up, I'm gonna try another one but I may go back to this one eventually.
- First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser | This one needs no introduction, if you've read any of my Empties posts you'd know this makes an appearance in a lot of them. I'm FAB free right now but I'm gonna pick one up very soon! (Sephora VIB sale come sooner.)
- Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel | I've written about this a few times (comparison HERE) but as one of the most hyped up skincare products in the UK Skincare Scene, I really wanted to try it. Unfortunately it wasn't something I was smitten with and probably won't be repurchasing - for a while at least. This does have a rose smell so if you love it, like me, this one will work. If not, this one may be overpowering. (US folk - you can get this online at Cult Beauty!)
- Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser | Ah, back in the day when I actually reached for Clinique. I used to use this a few years back and wondered why I veered away so I repurchased during an Ulta sale. But after using it I quickly remembered why as it left my skin feeling so dehydrated and parched. Like when you open your mouth and you feel the skin along your cheeks/jaw pulling - it was not pleasant. I ended up using large globs of this to get through it faster. I'm certainly done with Clinique facial cleansers.
- Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizer | I actually picked this one up a while ago and did a post on some Kate Somerville bits HERE. I did mention previously that I wasn't a fan of the scent and that hasn't really changed. I wasn't really reaching for it so I just decided to give it the toss. If you're sensitive to smells and goat milk in general, I'd stay clear of this one.
- Tosowoong Nose Pore Strips | I received a pack in a Cult Korean Beauty Haul from YesStyle (read more about that HERE). I gave about half of these to my boyfriend for him to leave at his house. We frequently have movie/skincare date nights so he helps me go through skincare products quicker, including these little things. There's nothing special about them, but tbh I haven't tried any amazing, mind-blowing nose strips - if you have a HG one send it my way.
- Soap & Glory Clean On Me (Travel Size) | Ok, this bottle actually lasts a seriously long time. It's 3.4 oz and I used it on my trip to the UK, my trip to Chicago (shared with my bf), and for a week or two - so a little goes a long way. If you're interested in trying this body wash, give this travel size a go first!
- Lancome Bi-Facil Makeup Remover (Travel Size) | So I know in my last empties post that featured that I said I was done with it. Butttt while clearing out my cabinets I found this travel size bottle and just decided to finish it up and really be done with it for good. Phew.
- Caudalie Hand & Nail Cream | This. Is. My. Favorite. Cream. I loved this so much I bought the full sized version which I (sadly) am also nearing the end of. This one leaves my hands so soft without that oily/greasy feeling. It also does an amazing job at healing the skin around the nails, it works wonders if your skin is generally cracked or dry. Hang nails no more. If you're looking for a new hand cream I definitely recommend this one. I'm working my way through all the ones I currently have but this will definitely be a repurchase.
- Herbal Essences Dry Shampoo (Travel Size) | Now I mentioned I'm not a fan of dry shampoos and I'm still not a fan of this one. This smells nice, but it leaves my hair feeling a bit sticky? (However, the Milk Makeup Dry Shampoo IS amazing.) But I think trialing travel sizes of dry shampoos is a great way to decide if you like it for your hair type before committing to the full size.
- Origins Retexturizing Mask with Rose Clay (Sample Size) | I know this one was a popular one amongst bloggers, but I just did not get along with it. Origins products seem to be hit or miss with me, and it seems like most of the face washes / masks do not work well with my skin. This one felt a bit too harsh for my sensitive skin, mainly because it was so difficult to get off. I had this sitting in my bathroom in hopes of using again, but when I accepted that this wouldn't happen, this one got the boot. If you're on the fence, I'd recommend picking up a sample or the mini size to see if it works with your skin.
- Fresh Rose Face Mask | I love rose, but I wasn't a massive fan of this. I haven't really meshed too well with Fresh Beauty skincare which is a shame since I'm such a fan of their Sugar Lip Treatments. I much prefer the rose mask which I received from Complex Beauty - read all about their Discovery Kit HERE. This one is a luxurious one and I did finish it up. I would actually apply this before I showered just cause it made removing it all that more easier.
- NARS Creamy Concealer in Custard | Another cult favorite product. I've actually had this for a few years (whoops) and because of the doe foot applicator I decided it was time to say goodbye. It was getting a bit cakey/goopey so that was a clear decision to get rid of it. I wasn't a massive fan of this as I much prefer the NYX HD Concealer instead. I'm currently testing out the Tarte Aquacealer, as noted in my Autumnal Beauty Edit HERE.
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Amore | This was my ultimate vampy lip pick for the last 2 ish years as it stayed all day (as the name suggests) and was so dark and pigmented. I recently pulled it out once I felt like it was officially Fall but was disappointed to find the formula not working its best. Butttt that's really my fault because it should have been tossed a while back. But I'm making room for newer things and I think I may try an ABH Liquid Lipstick this year - Faith is really tempting me with her choices for Fall.
- MAX Factor Mascara*: I was recently sent a few Max Factor products to try and I was a little bit less than impressed with them. As a mascara overall it wasn't bad, but it did absolutely nothing for my naturally pin straight lashes. I curled my lashes before applying but these almost immediately straightened my lashes back out. I have read some other bloggers say that the curl held, but this one was a bit of a dud for me. But if this was waterproof it may have been a contender!
If you made it all the way to the bottom, kudos to you! Have you tried any of these products? What are some items you've finished up lately? Let's chat below!
PS - I'm thinking of doing a Q&A on the blog so you guys can get to know me a bit better. I've got quite a few new readers these days so I thought it'd be something nice. Feel free to leave a comment below, send an email (firstname.lastname@example.org), DM me on Instagram (@chyism), or tweet me (@cindyhyue).