I've been following Glossier's motto "Skin first. Makeup second." for a while now. I've never had many issues with my skin and I know that I am fortunate for that. I never really needed foundation but used concealer for spot treatment. I'll admit that I do like to try makeup and because I had purchased so many foundations I felt like I needed to use it. Constantly putting heavier foundation on everyday is not good for your skin. And I did notice more frequent breakouts and unhappy skin. I've reverted back to the less is more approach and have really honed in on my skincare regime. Here are 5 products that I've purchased in the past few months which my skin has absolutely loving.
1. TATCHA Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder | I picked up the travel size of this product earlier this year during the Sephora VIB sale. I always love face scrubs but my skin is a bit too sensitive to regularly use. This TATCHA powder is perfect for any with sensitive skin as you pour a little onto your fingers, add some water and massage onto your face. It's absolutely gentle but you can definitely feel a softer difference in your skin immediately. I use this a few times a week and a little goes a long way. If you're hesitant about it, I'd recommend picking up the 0.35 oz to give it a try.
2. Kiehl's Hydro Plumping Re-Texturizing Serum Concentrate | I picked this up a few months back and am still using this regularly both night and day. I went in for a complimentary facial at Kiehl's and they used a little device to measure the water levels of my skin. As I drink little water (a problem, I know) my skin was extremely dehydrated. This helps to add moisture in the deepest layers of your skin and helps "plump" your skin while helping to even out fine lines and overall skin texture. I do notice a difference when I use it and it's a tiny pick me up. Pricey, yes, but I've been using it twice a day for the last 2+ months and I have yet to hit the end.
3. Caudalie Instant Detox Mask | This is one that I had been wanting to try for a while and Caudalie is a brand I'm falling in love with more and more. This is a great alternative to the Aesop Parsley Seed Mask (read all about my comparison of the two HERE). This really helps to pull out any gunk in my skin and leaves my skin clean and clear - perfect for summer and removing excess oil.
4. Tea Tree Water Toner (HERE) | This was definitely influenced by Celina and I'm so glad she introduced me to it. I wasn't all too smitten with it at first but you could say the love for this slowly crept up. I do like the Pixi Glow Tonic but sometimes I worry that it's too harsh for daily use. With the heat this toner has been the perfect "cool down" factor and helps my skin to feel refreshed without being stripped. This is also for pairing over the Caudalie / Aesop masks. Give a quick spritz over the masks once they dry out to help them continue working a little bit longer.
5. Pixi Glow Peel Pads | This is one I've been seeing pop up on the blogisphere lately and I've been rather intrigued. I do love the Pixi Glow Tonic but as I'm using up my Tea Tree Water Toner first, I've put my bottle aside for now. These Pixi Glow Peel Pads work very much the same but with higher levels of glycolic acid to get that radiant skin under the layers of dead skin. As this does have a higher level, you'll need to wipe this over your skin, wait a bit, and then rinse off with water. This one is definitely for night time and takes a little extra time. I usually use this once or twice a week as I don't want to freak my skin out too much.
Have you tried any of these products? What are some of your must have skincare products? Let me know below!