Beauty Discoveries for 2015
2015 was by far an interesting year. I kick started this blog back in February and have dove head first into the world of beauty and blogging. To say I was tempted by even more beauty bits left and right is an understatement, and many products were purchased this year with those recommendations in mind.
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow: I don't think anyone would deny that this was one of the most highly coveted items earlier this year. With the rose gold packaging and lust worthy product, this was on everyone's wish list.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Palette: This is a recent addition, but I have used it almost everyday since I got it last month. When I first saw an IG preview, I knew it would be mine.
- Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette - Streak: The highlight shade is a lovely pearly pink which I love - can you see the massive dent? The bronzer and blush both suit my skin tone really well too.
- Burberry Eyeshadow in Pale Barley: This was a much coveted shade and I absolutely love it. I'm not big on shadows, but when I do wear one it'll almost always be this.
- MAC Lipstick in Twig: I picked this up earlier this year and it is by far my favorite MAC lipstick to date. It's a beautiful mauvey plum color, and I think it would suit any skin tone.
- NARS Matte Lip Pencil in Walkyrie: This is also a recent addition, but I've worn it so much and absolutely adore it. It's a lovely terracotta color and is a great alternative to my usual colors.
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes Waterproof Mascara: This mascara 🙌. It lengthens and volumizes - and can damn well hold a curl. This gives me the look of faux lashes without any of the crunchiness.
- Kat Von D Liner in Trooper: I was a devout Stila user previously but really hated how the nib would fray towards the end of its life span. This one has maintained its shape and kept my cat eye flick perfect and pointed.
- Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Glastonberry: Another coveted rose gold product was the CT Matte Revolution lipstick. These were released overseas last year in 2014, but they were finally released in the U.S. this past Fall. Loving the vampy colors, I instantly went for Glastonberry. I love the formula and am definitely eyeing other shades for a more everyday appropriate color.
- Stila Liquid Lipstick in Patina: This year was the discovery year of liquid lipsticks. Patina is one of those colors that is difficult to get a hold of, and once I found it I snatched it up and wore the crap out of it. It's a neutral color which makes it 100% acceptable to wear to work, and looks great with a little bit of purple lipstick patted in on top for a little something more.
I can't imagine how much more I'll pick up next year, but I know it's inevitable. And boy do I welcome it.
What were some of your best beauty discoveries of 2015?