Your Perfect Valentine's Day Lipstick
Whether you see tomorrow as Valentine's Day / Galentine's Day / Single Awareness Day - do you, boo. I've never been very big on this particular 'holiday' and tbh my boyfriend and I don't celebrate this day. We actually avoid this day like the plague and try and stay in - people be crazy on this so called "holiday." We're actually going to our regular workout class tomorrow - but they've tried to mix things up and make it a couple's class - we'll see how that goes.. But just because you may not be going out or celebrating doesn't mean you can't pop on a fun lip color this time of year. Changing things up from the last few months of darker, vampier colors - it's time to whip out some of the pink-hued colors and welcome with open arms the brighter colors to come along with Spring (which is hopefully right around the corner).
I've been actually feeling the pink and glossy vibes lately, I don't know what's come over me. Perhaps it's Kate La Vie rocking that gorgeous fuchsia shade, but I've been bitten with the pink bug. Now I may not have as many bright lipsticks, but I am reaching for some more 'out there' color options. I think it's rather fun to see how my taste changes from year to year on which lip options I would reach for. Check out my Valentine's Day Lip Pairings for last year here. And if you're looking for some lower maintenance (aka kiss-proof) lip options, check out my last post here.
- Charlotte Tilbury Bond Girl | A nice berry brown which adds depth and warmth to the look all year round. It should be no surprise that the Matte Revolution lipsticks are my favorite formula - they're long lasting, comfortable on the lips, and in the most beautiful rose-gold tube.
- Kat Von D Sanctuary | A cool greige-sepia tone which is unlike any shade I have in my collection. I think this one is a bit harsh against my often pale skin, but I'm planning on going darker with my hair soon so I think it'll compliment it quite nicely. (Give me all the edgy/goth vibes plz.)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Kathryn | This one is described as a brown berry which actually pulls more berry with a deeper and richer undertone. This is my first ABH liquid lipstick and I'll admit the formula isn't my favorite. It does feel a bit heavier on the lips but it does last well. I'd reach for this one if you know you'll only be wearing it for a few hours versus an entire day. It's bright and one I'm ready to whip out for Spring/Summer!
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk | This one is a recent addition to my collection and is a nice pinky hue. It is a bit pinker than I'm used to (think blush pink), but I think once I get a slight tan on it'll be perfect!
- NARS Damned | A beautiful matte magenta hue which is a gorgeous shade to wear during any season really. I'll admit I haven't reached for this one in a while but this is one I will never ever part ways with. It comes in a convenient pencil form so it's great for application & re-application on the go.
- Bite Beauty Buttercream Lipstick in Pecan (Discontinued) | This one is a good neutral lip color which is extremely comfortable on the lips to wear. I didn't realize they had discontinued this shade/lipstick line which makes me really sad. Essentially the buttercream lipsticks cut off the tops of the lipsticks to get you right down to the creamiest part of a lipstick bullet. I'm not sure if this is all a ploy, but I really did find them to be creamy and comfortable on the lips.
- Charlotte Tilbury Very Victoria | This is one of my holy grail lipsticks and one that I will forever repurchase (if I can ever manage to get through an entire lipstick).
- Smashbox Always On Matte Lipstick in Girl Gang | A bright plum shade which is unlike any other liquid lipstick I own. It reminds me of TopShop Rebel
What are some of your go-to lip options for this time of year? As a fellow lip product addict, enable me.