I've seen posts like these on other blogs and I gotta say I wanted to do one straight away. I'd be lying if I said I didn't buy items with packaging / looks in mind - call me shallow. But usually if a beauty/skincare product has rave reviews and ace packaging, there's very little to stop me from getting it. Call it the impulse shopaholic in me.
I think most everyone would agree with majority of the items I've chosen, but at the same time I'm sure there are tons of other gorgeous products out there that I don't *yet* own.
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow: This gorgeous rose gold rectangle is a hefty little thing that also happens to be filled with some amazing product. This was all the rage a few years back and although the hype has died down, the beauty of this has remained. When I first got this I didn't want to use it for the longest time as I thought it was "too pretty" to be ruined. I quickly got over that and although I haven't used it lately, I still cherish it dearly. This has also been the perfect reminder to bring this back out.
- Charlotte Tilbury Lipsticks: Again with the rose gold packaging, these ones scream vintage makeup and look beautiful atop any vanity or IG flatlay. I've only tried the matte revolution lipsticks, but the squared tips and long lasting power have been enough to keep me reaching for these. You will always find either Very Victoria or Bond Girl on me.
- Chloe EDP: This has been a staple in my daily routine over the last 3-ish years. I'm fairly certain that this will be signature scent, so much so that I even have a whole post dedicated to it here. It meshes well with my body's chemistry and looks lovely on my vanity. I'll admit that this does tarnish along the edges easily which is annoying, but it can easily be cleaned up with a bit of toothpaste to bring it back to its former glory.
- Diptyque Perfumes: This is a recent addition but one that has been on my list for ages. When an amazing SpaceNK GWP deal came around, I decided to splurge and treat myself to this. It's a bit different than my usual scent but I think it's a good one for Fall.
- Diptyque Candles: Speaking of Diptyque, these beautiful, albeit pricey, candles are such a luxury treat. These candles are unlike most others that I've tried and the smell just lingers. When you burn it, when it's just sitting in your room - the smell is just present. So be sure to pick one you like (which I'm sure you would because it's quite a splurge). The packaging is hefty and well made, and these are definitely ones that you would want to repurpose and use around your home - as a brush holder, pen holder, or to even pot a little succulent.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Palette: Hourglass palettes always come housed in beautiful packaging, and there's no denying that these look beautiful on any vanity table. I particularly love the palettes as the pans look even better lined up all next to one another in their marbled glory.
- Aesop Resurrection Aromatique Hand Balm: Aesop is a brand that defines minimal goodness. They're in most minimal bathroom photos on Pinterest, and for good reason. When I first came across the Australian brand a few years ago I lusted over basically everything I saw. While most of the products are at an eye watering price, I decided to splurge on this hand cream housed in a soft-pink-hued metal tube which, with wear, looks even better. I ended up using my tube wringer (post all about it here) and I think it added a bit of an edge (lol - literally tons of edges).
- NARS Dual Intensity Blush: NARS products all come in sleek packaging, and there's no denying that the brand screams cool-girl-chic. The Dual Intensity line comes in a squared off matte box, and while it still does attract the same finger print marks, the inside of the product boasts a stylish geometric embossment. I can slowly see the darker color fading away, but the product still looks fab to me. The more love the better.
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment: I love the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments, this should come to no surprise. I have a good amount and I love seeing these all lined up next to each other. They're extremely comfortable on the lips and depending on the shade you select, you can add a little or a lot of pigmentation. And much like the CT lipsticks, you will always find one of these tinted lip balms on me.
- Glossier Supers: I love the simplistic packaging of everything they've created. I'm especially smitten with their new Supers which come in tiny cylindrical vials. The packaging feels nice and the dispensary is nice without getting easily grimey (a problem I have with the Sunday Riley Luna Oil). [PS - save 20% on your first Glossier order here)
Well I've just blabbed on a good while on these beautiful products, where the products don't only look good but serve great purposes. What are some of your favorite products that also do a great job?