Loving Lately :: Spring 2018
I know we're all the way in June and this post has been queued up since almost April - but better late than never. Right? I've been using quite a few new products and thought I'd share some of those products I've been reaching for lately with you. There's a whole lot of skincare because I've actually been mixing it up a bit!
- Fresh Beauty Black Tea Instant Perfecting Face Mask :: This came in a trio set that my friend gave me 2 Christmas's ago (I know - sooo long ago). But I finally cracked this open recently and was pleasantly surprised with how the product. The full-size product is eye-wateringly expensive at $92. While I do like it, I'm not sure if I'll be so willing to shell out for the full size (we'll see when the time comes). This is a sort of whipped gel consistency that feels instantly cooling on the skin. I've been using this one consistently almost once a week (if not more), and I'm nearing the bottom of the jar. I feel like this one always leaves my skin looking and feeling smooth and soft.
- Lancer Caviar Lime Acid Peel :: Okay, I had never heard anyone speak of this product prior to me coming across the brand at Nordstrom. I was over at the Le Labo counter when my boyfriend kept strolling down and got stopped by the SA at the Lancer counter. He looked over at me so I went over to help save him, but the SA slathered this peel on the back of my hand. And hoooooly crap, my skin was so smooth. I started looking around at their products and was actually quite impressed. We ended up picking a good amount of products (and a lot of minis) that we've thoroughly been enjoying. We were kindly invited back to get free facials and that was a whole experience that left us super glowy - and of course we bought a backup of this magical product. It's a peel that I use once a week (usually on Sundays) after I shower. This stuff needs to sit on your skin for an hour to reveal baby smooth and glowy skin. I'm telling you guys - this is pure magic in a jar. This one is almost taking over Drunk Elephant Baby Facial for me - it's that good.
- MakeupDrop Silicone Makeup Applicator * :: In conjunction with the two items above, I thought I should mention this little tool which has made applying masks a breeze. I like to take the little tear drop and get a nice hefty scoop out of my jars. Pros - no finger contaminating the jar. I can then easily spread the product around my face without wasting any product on a brush or my fingers. And then this can easily be rinsed off under water for quick cleanup. // Just a note that I like using this to apply skincare and not makeup. I feel like it kinda just pushes product around, whereas it leaves a nice thick layer for a mask!
- Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S. Thirst Quenching Serum * :: This has quickly jumped to the top of the list of one of my favorite products I discovered this year. Coming off of Winter, my skin was feeling dry and looking a little dull. This really helped bring my skin back to life and gave it an instant boost of hydration without feeling oily at all. The serum is packed with hyaluronic acid, grape water, and olive squalane which helps retain moisture, heal dry/chapped skin, and give your skin a healthy bounce. I can definitely agree that I've seen a significant difference in my skin. My boyfriend's skin had been a little dry and flaky so I suggested he use this under his moisturizer. He admitted he'd already been using it and really liked it too lol. We're nearing the end of our bottle and I need to order a backup stat. (Update: we have our backup and we're both happy to have it back in our lives.)
- Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum * :: This is an oil-free serum that helps even out skin tone and boost radiance! Sephora's site even claims to be more effective than Vitamin C. Seeing as though I haven't found any Vitamin C products that I truly love / feel work, this one is a great option. I've been using a few Caudalie products and I feel like they truly work best together. This one is a bit thicker in consistency than the serum above, and I like to layer the two together.
- Dr. Jart Cicapair Re.Pair Serum * :: I was using the Dr. Jart Cicapair Color Correcting Treatment, but found it a bit heavier than I'd like. While I was content with using it in the colder months, I knew once warmer weather arrived I'd be less inclined to reach for it. In comes the Cicapair Serum which I've been reaching for most days. I usually reach for it in the PM or in the AM - really depending how I'm feeling. I usually won't apply it both day and night. I do struggle with redness in my skin and when I reach for this at night, I usually notice that my skin is much more even in tone when I wake up. Which means I don't need to put on as much makeup / concealer - which I feel really helps skin overall. It's a vicious cycle guys! But if you struggle from redness, I highly recommend that you give this one a try out. If you're hesitant to buy the full-size, I'd say hop on over to your local Sephora and ask for a sample to test out for a few days ahead of time. It's not a miracle worker, but with regular use I do say it makes a difference.
- YLLO Beauty Turmeric Facial Oil * :: I received this in order to do a little IG stories takeover with YLLO Beauty. Growing up I ate a lot of food that had turmeric and ended up loving the flavor. Adult me is always trying to figure out ways to incorporate it into recipes and recently discovered that it mixes extremely well with turkey meat for DIY turkey burgers. Anyways - a lot of Indian foods have turmeric and I remember reading an article on the health benefits of ingesting it. I mean just look at all those food and drink recipes out there these days (although I am a bit hesitant on the whole turmeric latte - if you've tried it, let me know!). Anyways, I had started seeing many brands incorporating turmeric into their skincare products and YLLO Beauty revolves all of their products around it. Turmeric is known to naturally detoxify your skin and YLLO Beauty's products help do just that while also nourishing your skin and leaving it bright and glowy. I know turmeric can be intimidating because of it's known staining effect. Fortunately, this does not stain as I use it at night and sleep on white pillowcases - no transfer whatsoever! Whenever I use this, my skin always looks brighter and refreshed in the morning. The bottle is also pretty large so it's great bang for your buck. I highly recommend this product to help you get to that make-up free level!
- Tata Harper Clarifying Spot Solution * :: I got this and luckily didn't have any spots to use it on for a while. Lately I've been starting to get a few red bumps here and there, and not just during that time of the month. I'd been going in with tea tree oil, but started layering this on top and I do think the spots calmed down much quicker and went away within a few days. It has a strong medicinal scent but nothing that's too overwhelming. I like to use this one at night as it is slightly textured / don't want to move it around by adding makeup on top. This is in a small tube package but I have noticed some separation in the product. I just give it a quick shake or massage the bottle to help mix things back up. Nothing that's really a deal breaker, but just thought I might mention that.
- Farmacy Dew It All Total Eye Cream * :: I was contributing over on Pur Opulence and was fortunate enough to receive this through the editor's closet. I'm a bit weary of all eye creams as I don't find that they all work that well. However, I was able to see a difference in just one use with this one! I felt like the lines and puffiness under my eyes decreased enough for the naked eye to see. I'm excited to keep using this to see how it works in the long run. Just thought I'd drop this note so you can give it a try if you're in the market for a new eye cream!
- Sol de Janeiro Bum Bum Cream * :: I love the SDJ line and all the scents - there really haven't been any products that I've tried that I don't love. I'm actual crap at using up body creams and it's taken me a few months to even get halfway through this teeny jar. I find the cream to be extremely rich and nourishing, but it never feels heavy on my skin. It sinks right in and leaves your skin silky smooth - it's soooo nice. I usually shower at night and apply this after I get out, and I'd say my bedsheets smell like this now. But fortunately, the scent doesn't linger as I can't smell it on me the next day. If you've been on the fence about this product, I really say go for it. It's cult status for a reason! Although if you're sensitive to scents, maybe give this a sniff first. But if not, let's just say that this smells like a beach holiday in a jar.
- Aquis Hair Towel :: I know, I know - a hair towel? Really? Yes!! I've seen these at Ulta for quite some time and although I thought it was a gimmick, I am a complete convert. I ordered one to try out and loved it so much that I ordered a second one for easier rotation. I got the longer length as I think it's better to have more than not enough towel. These towels absorb water and are a light thin material which doesn't give you that extra neck strain when walking around and waiting for your hair to dry. This makes it much nicer when my hair dries and I feel like I can tidy up the apartment while my hair dries a little bit more.
What are some products you've been loving lately? Have you tried any of these?
Products marked with an asterisk (*) were gifted to me but all opinions remain my own.
This post also contains affiliate links.
Feel free to read more on my disclaimer.