Project Use It Up | Winter 2017
Although I don't necessarily think I have a ton, I definitely do have a lot of skincare/bodycare/haircare. Moreso than the ordinary person. I've been trying to keep my stash more tamed lately which means I need to use a product or it needs to find a new home. A lot of the following are products that are near the end of their lifespan, so I'll be focusing on using the following up by the end of the year. *hopefully*
- Sunday Riley Luna | This is one of my favorites and my first "pricey" skincare investment. I'm glad to say I have zero regrets about this one and will even repurchase this once it runs out. Although I'll probably pick it up in the smaller size. This one always leaves my skin bright and glowy, with lighter scars and less redness. I'm not bothered by the smell of this at all and even enjoy it! If you've been on the fence with this, I definitely recommend getting a sample and testing it out for yourself.
- Kypris Antioxidant Dew | Ok let's be real - this stuff is pretty pricey. I was lucky to snag it from Cult Beauty earlier this year - I did a post here all about how I find ordering from CB to be a little bit cheaper for those in the US. Of course it depends on the exchange rate, if there's a promotion running, etc. Do your research and always find a good deal! This stuff is an interesting one - it's meant to help fight your skin's exposure to pollutants. Just as the name suggests, it leaves your skin looking dewy and doesn't leave an oily film on your skin. I'm not sure when I'll be repurchasing this, but I hope to in the future! There's definitely a ton from Kypris that I'd like to try as well, so eventually! (Although my wallet already hurts even at the thought of spending that much $$$.)
- French Girl Organics Cleanser | This has been my go-to morning face cleanser for a few weeks now and I looove it. I talked more about it in my post on some new skincare products in my rotation here. In short this stuff is amazing and although I'm finishing it up to try other cleansers in my stash, I'll definitely be repurchasing this in the future. Perhaps when Anthropologie has another one of those 20%-off-beauty sales!
- Peony Cosmetics Celery Heart Moisturizer* | This. Stuff. Smells. Incredible. I've been using this on my face and neck at night for a few weeks. I do find it to be a tad sticky but I do love that it leaves my skin super soft. It does sink in eventually so it isn't overly terrible or uncomfortable.
- Tatcha Sunscreen | I cracked open this sunscreen back in January when I went to Portland. I brought it with me when I went to Asia but also brought my MISSHA sunscreen with all efforts to use that up. I ended up focusing on that and left my Tatcha sunscreen in my bag the entire time. Recently I went to Mexico and brought this with me to use. Although it's good until mid next year, I wanted to use it up as I don't like the idea of products going unused and expiring. I ended up falling back in love and ended up snagging the full size from the Tatcha Friends & Family sale.
- Sunday Riley Tidal Moisturizer | I had a few sample sachets of Tidal and liked it, so when this mini deluxe sample popped up as a GWP from Sephora I had to snag it up. I love how lightweight this is but my skin feels happy and hydrated. I do wish I had cracked this open in the summer / warmer months as it's nice and cooling! I don't think it would cut it as a Winter moisturizer though as my skin needs a little extra something.
- Sunday Riley CEO Moisturizer | Similar to Tidal, I had tried a sample of CEO and looooved how it smelled. From the small amount I tried I knew I wanted more to try. So this one was perfect! This small jar is surprisingly lasting along time as I've been using it almost daily for the least 2-3 weeks and I'm only about halfway done. This one gives an added dose of vitamin C in your skincare routine and helps fight the signs of aging skin. I'm not getting any younger and will take all the help I can get. I've been using this for a week weeks and I do like to think that my skin looks a bit brighter. I am a bit weary of how oily it leaves my skin after first applied. It's not too big of an issue but I do need to wait a bit longer until I can start my makeup routine.
- Glossier Super Bounce | Of all the Supers, Super Bounce has to be my favorite from Glossier's lineup. I've gone through so many bottles and would go through so many if I reached for this every single day instead of rotating it with other products. I'm trying to clear out space so I can add other serums into my rotation - namely Jordan Samuel's Hydrate Facial Serum. This one is a perfect morning hydrating serum as it sinks into your skin quickly and gives that extra pick me up that your skin may need. I already have another backup on hand but I'm going to try my best and use up another serum (or two) before cracking that open - but who knows how strong I'll be and for how long. Remember you can score 20% off your first Glossier order if you order through my rep link - glossier.com/reps/cindy !
- Zoella Shower Sauce Body Wash | I picked this one up from Ulta as part of a buy 2 get 1 free deal. I loved the smell as it was super fresh but I wasn't the biggest fan of the consistency. It was really goopy and isn't one I would reach for without a loofah of some sort. But once in a loofah or sponge, it does sud up quite well. I'm down to the last inch of product so I'm sure it'll be done in a week's time.
- Zoella Creamy Scrub | My mistake with this one was going from the Herbivore body scrub to Zoella's. While there's absolutely nothing wrong with this one, the Herbivore one was just so lush that this one failed to compare. After giving it more time I did love how it was more of a creamy consistency. I did find that the product was much stiffer and difficult to work with in the beginning. Towards the end of the jar it did get easier to finish and spread / rub into my skin. I actually finished this one up after I photographed for this post but I don't think I'll be repurchasing this specific one in the near future. I have sooo many other scrubs to get through first.
- MISSHA First Essence Treatment | I bought this one after trying a mini Tatcha Essence and falling in love. This one hasn't been as great in the results department, albeit being compared to the pricey SKII Essence. I'm down to the bottom 1/4 of the bottle so I'm powering through to finish this before I crack open the full-sized Tatcha Essence which I ended up caving on and purchasing.
- Phyto Paris Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Brilliance Mask* | I love a good hair mask and this Phyto Paris Phytojoba one does not disappoint. I 100% agree with the claims that it leaves your hair hydrated and brilliantly shiny. I've cut back on washing my hair to maybe 2 or 3 times a week. On weeks where I spread my hair washings out to every 3 days, I'll go in after and treat it with a mask. I probably have one or two uses left but this one will definitely be a repurchase down the line! While Phyto is usually a pricey brand, this is definitely one of the more affordable products and a little goes a long way. This one will last you a sure while if you invest in it!
Whew - that was kind of a long one! Do you tend to be good about using products up completely or do you end up getting near the bottom and moving on to another product in excitement? Do you spot any of your favorites here / any that you're itching to try?
Products marked with an asterisk (*) have been sent to me for consideration, but all opinions remain my own. This post contains affiliate links.
Feel free to read more on my disclaimer.