The E M P T I E S | 015
So this empties haul is quite large as I've been acquiring the products since I moved into my apartment at the end of September. My first goal after moving was to use up as many products as I could that were already open / partially finished. I think I did a pretty good job as this one's a semi-large roundup of empties. Let's get crackin'!
- Not Your Mother's Way to Grow Long & Strong Shampoo + Conditioner | These have to be my fav shampoo/conditioner duo as I love the smell. They're cruelty free, sulphate free, and are at an extremely affordable price range. I will always continue to repurchase these!
- Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Medium Hair | I had read about cleansing conditioners a while back and wanted to give one a try. This one had great reviews on Ulta but I gotta admit I wasn't a fan. I didn't love the scent, nor did I like the way it left my hair feeling. Although my hair was clean, it had a sort of sticky feel to it. I tried to use as much as I could from it but I ended up tossing it when I got to the very bottom inch of it. Will not be repurchasing. But if you have any good cleansing conditioner suggestions, please let me know!
- Lush Cosmetics - The Olive Branch Shower Gel | This one is a fav for my boyfriend and I, and I've already repurchased it! We're almost halfway through with our current bottle so we're gonna need to get a new bottle soon.
- Soap & Glory Clean On Me Shower Gel | This is probably my favorite body wash of all time I love the scent and for the amount of product you get for the price is well worth it. I still pinch myself that S&G partners up with me here and there. They kindly gifted me a few items for my holiday gift guides but I think I'm actually going to do an entire S&G gift guide - so stay tuned!
- Soap & Glory Speed Plump Overnight Miracle Moisture Mousse* | This one was a rather interesting one as it was almost a whipped and bubbly consistency. But once you give it a little mix it turns into your standard moisturizer. I liked using this on my face but it ended up being a bit too sweet (almost like marshmallows?) for my liking so I ended up using it on my arms/legs at night. I will say that these did a stand up job because I had almost zero flaking on my skin in the cold weather!
- Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturizer | This is one of my fav moisturizers so I love when I have minis on hand to take when traveling. A little goes a long way with these so I was finally able to use this up after my trip to Mexico. I did use it for about a week and a half after I came home just to finish it up. Although tiny, this would probably last a few weeks if you're like me and apply a few dots around your face each night and day. This one also smells incredible and fresh/zesty!
- MISSHA All Round Safe Block Essence Sun SPF45 | This is one of my favorite sunscreens and funnily I thought this was running out when I was in Japan and ended up getting 2 backups (1 which I have already placed in a giveaway). I *finally* finished using this up maybe a few weeks into moving so there's that. I have a whole new bottle waiting for me but I have a few other ones I'm trying to finish up right now. Apparently MISSHA is available at Target now - talk about convenience! It's really exciting to see Target expand the type of brands they work with.
- Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser | I doubt this one needs any type of introduction. This is my favorite cleanser through and through and I can't even tell you what bottle I'm at. My bf loves to use this too so we're going through these rather quickly! Remember you can snag this through my rep link / get 20% off if it's your first order!
- First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser | This one actually used to be one of my favorite cleansers but after MJC came into my life, this one has fell off the wagon. There's nothing wrong with it but I just prefer other cleansers over it. I was trying to finish this up but the smell went off so it was time to toss it in the bin.
- Willing Beauty Do Over Nourishing Cleanser* | I actually genuinely liked this cleanser! It reminded me of a thicker version of MJC. I think I'll repurchase this in the future but for the meantime, I have tons of cleansers to go through first.
- Willing Beauty Daydream Illuminating Day Moisturizer* | I liked this but it wasn't a "wow" type of product. There's surprisingly a lot of product in here for it's size. It's a very runny consistency so it was the perfect thing to use in the warm weather as it was very cooling.
- Willing Beauty Partner In Time - Age Defying Night Serum* | This was maybe one of my favorite products from the Willing Beauty set that I was gifted. This one was actually quite a miracle worker in my books. I struggle a lot with tech neck / neck lines and after using this one consistently I did see a slight diminish in the appearance of the lines. It probably also helped that I was working out regularly at the time but I was def impressed! You can read more about all my thoughts on the Willing Beauty products in my post here. If you'd like to purchase any products from the brand, they did give me a referral link (willingbeauty.com/chyism) which allows me to make a small commission off any orders placed :)
- Dermalogica Stress Positive Eye Lift* | I was gifted this one earlier this year but it's past the expiration so I'm tossing this one as I recently picked up the Youth to the People Eye Cream during the VIB Sale (post here). You can read my initial thoughts on the Dermalogica eye lift here, but it was rather pricey so I don't think I'll be repurchasing this. I like the idea of the metal tip to give a cooling effect, but I do feel a little at unease of the sanitary means.
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil | This one is one of my favorite tea tree oils and I've used quite a few bottles now! I was gifted a tea tree oil from another brand and have been giving that one a try. I'll be sure to let you guys know how that one works! I've heard using just plain ol' tea tree oil is just as effective and more cost efficient than The Body Shop's version, so I may look into that after my current offering runs out. However, Ulta often has BOGO 50% off so that's quite tempting to me.
- Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil | I received this mini with my DE Baby Facial and liked it! It was rather oily of a consistency but I used it a few times. I had picked up the rosehip oil from The Ordinary around that time and ended up using that after Baby Facial and kinda forgot about this one. I reached for it the other day but the smell was slightly off so I'm giving this one a toss. I did get a new mini in another set or GWP recently so I'll be sure to really test it out this time around!
- Pixi Beauty Hydrating Milky Mist | I loooove the hydrating milky mist. I really need to get around to repurchasing a new bottle as I really love how it leaves my skin feeling so soft and refreshed. I think I may wait until Spring/Summer hits as I'm not too keen on spraying anything remotely cold on my face these days as it's so cold. But this will definitely be repurchased down the line!
- Ryor Cosmetics Bi-Phase Makeup Remover | As someone who is loyal to certain brands, I was actually pretty excited to get a makeup remover from this brand. The BB one breaks the bank so I was excited to try some from other brands that were more affordable. As a bi-phase makeup remover, I was actually very impressed by this one as it did a great job at removing my waterproof eye makeup without leaving oily residue. It did leave my eyes feeling a little bit cloudy but since I shower at night, I could easily flush it out from my eyes. I'm currently using a MISSHA remover that I wanted to try and have a BB backup, but I would definitely consider getting this again in the future.
- Milk Makeup Dry Shampoo | This is one of my favvv dry shampoos. I've been using the Verb Ghost Dry Shampoo and I'm pretty meh about it. It does a great job at making my hair look great, but not so much smell great? The Milk Makeup has a very fresh scent that makes me feel like I have freshly washed hair - so that's probably why I'll always go back to this one. I'm still on the hunt for a larger size, but hopefully Milk brings out a large size of this stuff in the future cause I would be all over that.
- Beauty Blender Cleanser Solid | This stuff is my favorite and I looove using it to clean my brushes. I find that liquid cleansers run through so quickly but solids last so much longer! I ended up purchasing the large size so I'm sure it'll last me ages. This stuff gets all your white brushes back to their original white color and really gets everything clean down to the nitty gritty. This makes cleaning your brushes so much easier and makes for better habits and happier skin! Honestly, it never takes me more than 10 minutes to clean all my brushes.
- Deciem - The Chemistry Brand Hand Hydrator w/ Hyaluronic Acid and Butters | I actually really liked this moisturizer! It was one of those moisturizers that sinks into your skin almost immediately and makes your skin feel so so soft.
And that's about it for my empties! Have you tried any of these? What are some empties you've finished up lately?