Take 5 | Essentials for Valentine's Day
So Valentine's Day/Weekend is here and girls and guys are getting ready to bring down extra love on their S.O. Some girls love to get all glammed up for their guys, but I'll admit that this is one day I like to keep it simple. My boyfriend and I are always super low-key on this particular "holiday" as we hate crowds and long lines. Last year we opted to stay in and bought ourselves some nice steak and wine. It was A+ in my books.
Here are my 5 essentials for Valentine's Day:
1. Aesop Resurrection Hand Balm: Lotion up those hands because who wants to link palms with someone who is all dry and chappy? I suffer with extremely dry skin and my hands are a lot rougher than my boyfriend's. It probably doesn't help that I don't drink a ton of water, but I always keep a lotion in my handbag to keep things nice and soft!
2. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Nude: Now we all love a good lippie, but this lippie keeps your lips nice and soft and you don't need to worry about smooching your man if you have a tinted lip product on.
3. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper: I usually go for my trusty go to eyeliner look and throw on a simple winged liner. Of course this is no surprise as the KVD version has been a favorite. This one is drying out so I'll need to crack open my backup soon enough!
4. Hourglass Dim Light: I'm thinking about gifting this little guy to a friend since I have it in the palette, but this one is great for minimizing the pores and bringing extra light to your face.
5. TooFaced Better Than Sex Mascara: I mean this one is just funny and I have to use it for this post. This isn't my favorite mascara as it doesn't hold a curl, but someone gave me the tip to wear this over a thin layer of waterproof mascara to keep things lifted and looking fab all day.
What are your plans for this weekend? Staying in or going out?