Let's all channel our inner Taylor Swift and rock red lips this holiday season. I've reached for all the lip products I own that I would reach for as a red lip. From sheer to opaque, and from glossy to matte - there is one for everyone. Paired with a strong cat-eye liner and faux lashes and you're ready for the ho-li-days!
The following are listed from left to right in the swatch above:
- Lipstick Queen Medieval: This is a sheer, barely there pop of color. It's extremely moisturizing and great for those that are just starting to wear red.
- MAC Ruby Woo: This is a recent addition to my collection, and I absolutely love it. So much so that I even took it to Paris! The matte formula really stays onto your lips, and it's a bright red that's perfect for all your Christmas festivities.
- Sephora Always Red: This is the affordable liquid lipstick - it's a bright red that easily be picked up at a Sephora store near you. For a fuss-free look for a holiday party, this is the one for you.
- Stila Beso: This is more of a splurge liquid lipstick, it's thinner in consistency compared to the Sephora version. It was my first dabble with liquid lipsticks so it definitely holds a special place in my heart!
- NARS Hyde Park: This is a red with hints of pink and berry, which has a glossy sheen to it.
- Rimmel Kate Moss in 07: Most of those in the beauty community are probably familiar with this - it's a deep red which has crazy long-lasting powers and wears beautifully and fades well. It has a sweet scent which can be strange, but the price cannot be beat.
- MAC Viva Glam I: Surprisingly this may be my most used MAC lipstick - for a good amount of my last year in college I wore this to every night out that I could. I like to joke that this lipstick helped lock in a boy who is now my boyfriend - the boy likes a bold lip!
- NARS Cruella: Hopefully every single one of you own this, in part due to the wonderful Sephora birthday gift this near handing this little bad boy out. It's a great deep matte red that's perfect for a night out or event.