Gift Guide: 15 picks for 2015* + Giveaway
I've never been a big gift-giver, not for lack of caring - but more for lack of knowing what to give. I've been given many gifts that I could care less for (harsh truth - sorry), and they often went in a box of untouched gifts in the back of my closet. Since I was an early teenager, my family (and extended family) started a tradition of giving cash to one another - so the receiver could really go out and buy exactly what they wanted. And not gonna lie, I was all for this. Ever since, I've been a big practical gift giver. (Example - I wanted to give my boyfriend's parents a square fold out table to play Mah Jong on for Christmas last year. My boyfriend said no, but later he told them and they said it actually would've been a great gift. SEE - everyone appreciates a practical gift.) And, with my boyfriend, I'll say that we should do things together rather than buy material goods - instead we'd rather eat a fancy dinner, see a concert, or go on a trip. Don't get me wrong, we still pick up gifts for each other because we know each other well enough for that but I feel that when you work and have a flow of income, you can treat yourself to nice things if you want! I'm all about that treat yourself mentality.
But I remember when I was younger my friends and I would go a little overboard gift giving, and would buy little treats to give to one another. Just for the sake of giving someone something. But now for anyone in their 20s, here are some practical, yet thoughtful, gifts you could give to your friends, family, or colleagues. With some varying prices to find something in your budget.
- Adele 25: I mean, it's Adele. In the last 10ish years I have bought few CDs, but I have bought all of Adele's. The woman has an amazing voice.
- Aesop Resurrection Aromatique Hand Balm: Who wouldn't want this lust-worthy product in their handbag or on their table? It's great to use year round, the smell is divine, and it leaves no filmy residue behind.
- Calendar (desk or wall): Rifle Paper Co., need I say more? I've been eyeing many of their products as the artwork is so wonderful to look at and flip through. (Keep reading below to see how you can win a desk calendar!)
- Muji Drawers: For any type of enthusiast - makeup junkies, stationary haulers, or crafters alike - there is a need amongst all.
- Geometric Terrarium: I picked up mine from a small online shop, but the one I bought one from is no longer selling them. Feel free to shop around and support the local biz.
- Tea Pigs Pick N' Mix Sample Packs: Who doesn't love a good cup of tea for the cold Winter season? Pick up a sample variety for your loved one to get a cup o' tea. This comes with 12 tasting varieties, and 2 packs of each flavor selected. Feel free to split this up between 12 individuals, or give these as stocking stuffers.
- Anthropologie Monogram Cup: Use this as a pencil holder, brush holder, or for it's true purpose - to drink out of. Call me a #basicbitch, I don't care. I love my mug.
- Line Stud Earrings (Vrai & Oro): I have a similar pair that I picked up from JewelMint 2 years ago that have been the only pair I wear. I even stopped wearing my second piercing earrings. I've been eyeing Vrai & Oro for a while now and am in love with their company ethic as well as these gorgeous earrings - simplicity at its best. If you're in the market for some seriously simple yet minimalistic ring bands - check 'em out.
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment (Personal favorites are Plum & Nude): I go on about these all the time, and though expensive for what they are I think they would make a great gift to go in any gal's handbag every day of the year.
- Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick: Who doesn't want a little CT in their life? These lipsticks are quite possibly one of the best formulas I've ever tried. Treat a girl to this and she'll never forget ya.
- Zoeva Brushes: Now back to that practicalness. I feel like people aren't mentioning these as much anymore, but I bit into the hype a few months back and I still am in love with these brushes. First off, the rose gold. Second, hello amazing quality. If you want something she'll use everyday - this is the set with both face and eye brushes.
- Lush: I feel like a lot of people are Lush-obssessed, myself not so much included. But I have picked up The Olive Branch body wash which I love (here) and would absolutely love to try a bath bomb/bubble bar one day. If you know anyone that loves a good pamper sesh, a good rummage through and sniff in here will have you walking out with a great gift.
- Chloe Perfume: This has been my go-to scent for the last 2 1/2 years. I haven't strayed away from it, and I'm even looking to buy the Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne to layer it with. I got a sample and have tested it's glorious smell.
- Jo Malone Cologne: I steal my mom's Orange Blossom for a spritz every now and then, but as I just noted - I am looking to buy my own. Wood Sage & Sea Salt or Peony Blush Suede - one of you will be mine.
- Diptyque Candle: My personal favorite is Figuier - as I'm nearing the end of my mini size, it may be time to bite the bullet and upgrade to the 6.5oz. These are definitely a splurge purchase, but such a lovely treat.
(None of these links are affiliate links - feel free to click through to the sites!)
So if you read through, you'll see thatI'll be hosting my very first giveaway on this blog! In all exciting things for the new year, who could say no to this adorable desk calendar? Having traveled to Europe this year, the wanderlust travel bug inside of me has emerged, and this desk calendar will give me all the wanderlust feels every month as I flip the pages. This could be yours! To enter the giveaway you must be following me on Bloglovin', and to give yourself some extra entries you can follow me on Instagram and/or Twitter, username is @cindyhyue for both! And add a comment on your favorite type of gift to both give and receive.
This giveaway will be open to the U.S. and Canada only this time around - but I have an international one in my sight for the future! I just want to give a long enough time for this to run so as many people can enter, and hopefully still be able to get it out before the new year. The giveaway will end on December 23, 2015 @ 12AM.
The winner will be announced by December 25, 2015.
Hope you're all getting in the holiday spirit!