Self Care | Care/Of Vitamins
I'm sure you all have seen vitamins of all sorts going round and round. One in particular that I'm sure have caught many people's eyes has to be the Care/Of vitamins. As I get older I try to be more aware of self care (both physically and emotionally). While the emotional self care is always an ongoing thing, I knew I could do something more instantaneous physically. I want to be better about taking care of my body and have taken it upon myself to change things up. Starting with the food/drinks I intake, exercising regularly, and also taking vitamins.
Care/Of was kind enough to reach out to see if I'd like to try their vitamins* - it was the perfect timing if I do say so myself. I had seen these vitamins all over Instagram and loved the personalized factor - individual packets + my name? I was sold.
When you head to their website, you are prompted to take a mini questionnaire/survey about the things you value, your lifestyle, and the goals you have in mind. Care/Of will put together a pack of vitamins/supplements that they recommend with a mini description why they chose each supplement. You're able to tweak this as you like - remove some or add some where needed/wanted. In general I wanted one that supported a healthy body, mind, and heart. I took some family medical history factors into account and used those as items I wanted to tackle. In my pack I ended up with the following (with the addition of 1 or 2 from what was recommended:
- Iron | Iron promotes higher energy and red blood cell production as it helps transport oxygen throughout the body. A while back my doctor said I was slightly anemic so she suggested eating more red meat (which I already do) and maybe taking iron supplements - case in point.
- Vitamin D | This is essential for calcium absorption and bone health. As someone who has a 8-5 job, I rarely see the sun aside from the occasional brisk walk outdoors. As a woman, calcium deficiency is very much a possible issue so I want to do my best to take care of my bones!
- Astaxanthin | A powerful antioxidant that promotes brain, heart, and skin health. This is said to help support the function of short-term memory, to prevent wrinkles and normal signs of skin aging, and to maintain normal cholesterol levels to support heart health!
- Fish Oil (x2) | As someone who doesn't eat much fish (aside from salmon), fish oil was something I was keen to find. Fish oil is known to help support eye health, cognitive health, and heart health. I liked that this one was easy to swallow and did not have residual "fish" taste after.
- Elderberry | A powerful antioxidant that promotes a healthy immune system. Growing up I had a terrible immune system, and with the occasional Vitamin C (thanks emergenc + OJ) and Elderberry supplement I've been fortunate enough to keep any impending sickness at bay. Let's just hope it stays that way!
Taking 6 supplements every day required me to drink a lot of water. Idk how some people out there are able to dry swallow pills, but I am not one of them and this forced me to drink a good amount of water. This ended up being perfect as I'm someone who tends not to drink water - terrible, I know. I have myself a nice myBKR bottle which I keep next to my bed at all times - perks for it being so cute! As someone who is constantly told they are dehydrated, this little encouragement to drink more water each day really improved the overall appearance of my skin - I'm sure in conjunction with the supplements I was taking.
In addition, my boyfriend and I also got a gym membership (finally) and we've been trying to add working out into our routine 2-3 times a week. On top of that we're usually taking our little pup (Ollie) out on a walk at least 2-3 times a day. Adding this minuscule amount of exercise has helped my state of mind so much. I feel much more energetic and just better all around.
Overall I absolutely looooved my Care/Of vitamin pack and I'm sure I'll go back to these soon! The individual packs are cute and makes it easy to add into your routine. You don't have to sit there with your bottles and sort them into little weekly/daily pill containers. You never have a mismatched amount of pills and it makes it easy to grab when you're headed out on a weekend trip.
Have you tried Care/Of vitamins or any other vitamin company out there? What are your favorite types of supplements to take that you feel help you the most?
Remember that you can use the code 'TWOFORYOU' to get 50% off the total price of one month of your first customized vitamin pack.
* My month subscription of Care/Of vitamins was sent to me for consideration, but all opinions remain my own.
I am not a medical professional and do not offer medical advice on supplements. Please feel free to read more of my disclaimer here.