Take 5 | Still Finding the Glow
If 2015 brought any new makeup trends, it has to be strobing and the slew of highlighters that it brought from each beauty brand. No complaints here. I accumulated a few last year which I've been rotating in and out on a regular basis:
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow: Not sure if the hype on this one has died down as I don't see it featured all too much anymore. But then again it could be because there are a ton of new products out there, and namely Becca which has taken over the highlighter game. (More on that later)
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Palette: It's been a long while since I picked this up but it's still one of my absolute favorites. It has everything I could possibly want and allows me to switch up whatever look I'm going for with ease. Right now I'm reaching a lot more for luminous flush and iridescent strobe light to help brighten my complexion for a glowy summer look.
- NARS Dual-Intensity Blush in Craving: I'll admit this is one I don't reach for often, but I will admit is is a thing of beauty. I'm still confused as to how this is a blush as it is definitely more of a shimmery highlight/contour duo.I like to pop the darker shade on my cheeks to add some depth and shimmer, and I'll go a little overboard with the lighter shade on the tops of my cheeks. I'm thinking of trying these out as eyeshadows to help brighten up the eye area.
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Moonstone: This one is a holy grail favorite and I can't imagine life without it. This photo is old but I can definitely see in the actual product a little crevice starting to form - which is actually just really exciting for me. I recently ordered from Sephora and received a free sample of the Becca Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal so I'm excited to see and compare the two popular shades. I haven't gotten into the Champagne Pop madness yet but I'm sure it's inevitable. Hopefully things won't be sold out by the time I do go for it!
- TopShop Glow Highlighter in Polish: This product was my first dabble with cream highlighters and I'm rather fond of it. It adds an ever so subtle glow which I can pop on under my brow bone, on the inner corner of the eyes, and on the tops of my cheeks. Hourglass brought out a cream highlight/contour/blush trio which I'm rather intrigued to give a try.
What are some of your favorite trends that have come out in 2016? I feel a bit out of the loop so if there's any new "in" product to try, let me know!