If 2015 brought any new makeup trends, it has to be strobing and the slew of highlighters that it brought from each beauty brand. No complaints here. I accumulated a few last year which I've been rotating in and out on a regular basis:
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow: Not sure if the hype on this one has died down as I don't see it featured all too much anymore. But then again it could be because there are a ton of new products out there, and namely Becca which has taken over the highlighter game. (More on that later)
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Palette: It's been a long while since I picked this up but it's still one of my absolute favorites. It has everything I could possibly want and allows me to switch up whatever look I'm going for with ease. Right now I'm reaching a lot more for luminous flush and iridescent strobe light to help brighten my complexion for a glowy summer look.
- NARS Dual-Intensity Blush in Craving: I'll admit this is one I don't reach for often, but I will admit is is a thing of beauty. I'm still confused as to how this is a blush as it is definitely more of a shimmery highlight/contour duo.I like to pop the darker shade on my cheeks to add some depth and shimmer, and I'll go a little overboard with the lighter shade on the tops of my cheeks. I'm thinking of trying these out as eyeshadows to help brighten up the eye area.
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Moonstone: This one is a holy grail favorite and I can't imagine life without it. This photo is old but I can definitely see in the actual product a little crevice starting to form - which is actually just really exciting for me. I recently ordered from Sephora and received a free sample of the Becca Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal so I'm excited to see and compare the two popular shades. I haven't gotten into the Champagne Pop madness yet but I'm sure it's inevitable. Hopefully things won't be sold out by the time I do go for it!
- TopShop Glow Highlighter in Polish: This product was my first dabble with cream highlighters and I'm rather fond of it. It adds an ever so subtle glow which I can pop on under my brow bone, on the inner corner of the eyes, and on the tops of my cheeks. Hourglass brought out a cream highlight/contour/blush trio which I'm rather intrigued to give a try.
What are some of your favorite trends that have come out in 2016? I feel a bit out of the loop so if there's any new "in" product to try, let me know!