Products I'm Currently Testing :: 02
I mentioned previously that I'm going to start a new series talking about some of the products new in my rotation that I've been kindly gifted. I got some of these towards the end of November and some throughout. It takes me a few weeks to slowly introduce products into my routines as I don't want to freak my skin out. I'm also working on finishing up some other products (as mentioned in my Project Use It Up here), so these have all been sitting on the back burner. But as the year is coming to an end and a lot of those products are finishing up, I thought I'd share some of the new products that I will soon be testing!
S K I N C A R E
- Girl Undiscovered Under the Waterfall Crystal Cleansing Water | This is a 3-in-1 product that removes makeup, rebalances your skin, and purifies your skin. I just opened up a rose toner from Fresh Beauty so this one is on the back burner for a bit longer, but I cannot waiiiit to use this.
- Girl Undiscovered Stars Aligning Face Elixir Oil | Ok seriously, look. at. this. bottle. It is beeeautiful and I really need some good sunlight to take advantage of this beauty. This one has Thanaka Tree Bark, Kanuka Honey, and Cold Pressed Coconut Oil. This one is supposedly good for both day and night and has various oils and natural antoixodants to help moisturize and hydrate your skin.
- Ogee Hydraganics Jojoba Hydration Day Cream | Ogee is an organic skincare line which I've dabbled with this year. I tested their serum/oil earlier this year but I wasn't in love with them (and have a gazillion to try), so I ended up passing them on to friends. This one is a hydrating moisturizer that helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. In the winter my skin gets extremely dry so I'm excited to see how this one holds up.
- Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Soothing Treatment Lotion | This one is a light treatment lotion which is an anti-irritant which helps sooth dryness and reduces redness. These things all sound incredible and perfect for me. Mostly because I struggle with redness in my face and have dry skin come winter time. I previously used the Dr Weil daily moisturizer and liked that, so I'm excited to give this one a try as I've been wanting to try more from the Origins range!
- Peony Cosmetics Eyebright Eye Serum | I got this in my Nourish Beauty Box I think in November. It came right around the time I bought the Youth to the People eye cream, so I have yet to try this. But this one is a pretty affordable product and is in a hygienic pump package. I haven't heard anything about this product in the blogosphere so I'm excited to give it a try.
- Panacea Skincare - The Aegis Kit
- Daily Face Cleanser | This one is a sulfate-free (my type of cleanser) but foaming cleanser.
- Daily Facial Moisturizer | A lightweight moisturizer (my favorite type!). Also the little bottle is fancy shmancy and is just like the Drunk Elephant ones that twist up to reveal a little pump.
- Daily Facial SPF | This one is a lightweight sunscreen that claims to be "virtually scentless." I just finished up my mini Tatcha one and am in the process of testing another out, but I'm pretty sure I'll be testing all three together for a while to see how this "3-step" routine works together.
- Live Botanical - Oceania Coconut + Bergamot
- Milk Bath - As someone trying to up my bath game, I was really excited to snag up this duo through Join Palm. This one contains coconut milk to help with burns and inflammation & benzoin oil which acts as an anti-depressant, relaxant, and anti-inflammatory.
- Body Cream - similar to the above, this also includes shea butter & calendula - ingredients to provide fatty acids to protect your skin's moisture barrier and apricot kernel oil to help quicker absorption.
- TAN-LUXE Illuminating Self-Tan Drops // For The Face + The Body
- I received these self-tan drops for both face and body. I got these right before my trip to Mexico and was really excited to try these, but got nervous that my skin would be irritated at all. I put them in my drawer of products to try and hadn't taken them out. I've placed them in my cabinet for easier accessibility and will keep you guys posted on how these give a healthier glow! PS - these smell incredible.
- There are so many things from this range that are so intriguing. I've never considered self-tanning at home because I always pictured streaky messes and uneven orange-y tans. I've heard nothing but great things about everything so I'm excited to test these two products and maybe even more!
- BrowFood Mighty Mini Brow
- Eyebrow Enhancer | I've been testing the eyelash enhancer for a while and really like it. I did see more results when I first started using it, but fell off using it for a while and need to get back to using it. I did use a little bit on my eyebrows and did notice sparse areas filling in so I'm glad to have a designated eyebrow enhancer.
- Velvet 3D Brow Glide | This one is an interesting one. It has a sponge triangle tip and a spoolie all in one. I'm interested to see how this one works.
- Chamomile Makeup Eraser Pen | This is to help erase any little mistakes from the 3D Brow Glide or even your eyeliner - hello perfect cat-eyes.
M A K E U P
- Seraphine Botanicals Radiant Glow Powder Illuminator in Rose Dust | I've dabbled with some Seraphine Botanicals illuminators before and it's quite an interesting formula. My all time favorite highlight is from BECCA Cosmetics which is notorious for its smooth and buttery formula. I do find the SB ones to be a bit more chalky in consistency, but still just as beautiful. This one is a slight pink hue which is different than most of what I have in my collection!
- SPELA Cosmetics (Jet Set, Spa Day, Happy Hour) | These are cruelty free and 100% US made liquid lipsticks. They are extremely comfortable on the lips and don't feel like anything on. I've particularly been loving Spa Day which is a great everyday neutral color. Jet Set is a perfect magenta hue that is perfect for that jet-set lifestyle. Of course I love a dark vampy color so Happy Hour was a perfect option for me. I do find that the darker shades can bleed a little, so using a lip liner under definitely helps with that.
- CND Field Fox | This is one I picked up from Ulta during their 20% sale (which I feel happens almost once every month or two). Jessie from sunbeamsjess usually gets this on her nails in Shellac form. I got the Vinylux version which ended up being more grey than lilac. It's still such a beautiful shade and I got a few compliments after wearing it! It does have a long-lasting formula although I find it really needs a top coat. It's more of a matte finish that still could be molded hours after painting. I painted my nails, watched Star Wars, came home showered, and while sleeping the print on my pillow molded my polish (what even..). This was my first time trying this polish formula and I'm unsure of it. I'm also in a loop of getting shellac on my nails and I kinnnnda really like it and don't want it to stop. Oops.
I hope you guys enjoy these types of posts and I always feel so fortunate to be able to try so many products. I find it hard to distribute the products into posts but don't always want them to go unnoticed. I find this to be the best solution to share all these beautiful products so you can test them out for yourself. If you ever want more details on any product in particular, feel free to ping me :) I'll be sure to give more reviews as I test things out over the next few weeks.
These products were gifted to me but all opinions remain my own. This post is not sponsored by any brand.